Thursday, February 10, 2011

One less “Nope”. Finally, I got my Pentax K-r.

After 3 months of research and 3 days of persuasion to my wife, I got my Pentax K-r on 29th Jan 2011. It was a tiring uphill task to convince my wife to decide on the K-r amidst the strong presence of Nikon and Canon DSLRs snapping away in Singapore.
Her first initial remark: "Nobody buys Pentax. I dun wan to buy an unknown brand."
Yes, I am the one paying for it but we discussed to a mutual consensus whenever we buy items related to our son who will be the lead model in all our DSLR photos in the days to come in future.

The following 3 days was intensive research to back my explanation why Pentax K-r was the preferred choice over Nikon D3100 and Canon 550D. Allowable budget, street prices, future upgrade costs, comments/scoring from review sites, specs comparison, sample photos all came into play. The famous DPReview review site had not given it a full review yet (and maybe not) whilst local publicity of Pentax brand is nearly non-existent. Instead, what we see all around us are Nikons, Canons and the occasional Sonys. The final decision was sealed only after all persuasions, her trust in my better-than-hers gadgets research expertise and my personal lifetime warranty that the photos taken by the K-r will definitely be beautiful.
My all-black beauty: Black Pentax K-r with 2 lenses, Prime lens DA 35mm F2.4 AL and DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Zoom Lens. It is a strange combination due to some calculated sums involved and if you are curious, my next post will reveal the truth behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment